Ambitions est une initiative pour les femmes. Nous voulons vous fournir le support et les outils dont vous avez besoin pour maintenir, lutter pour et réaliser vos ambitions.
Ambitions travaille tant avec les femmes en cours de carrière, les professionnelles, qu’avec les étudiantes* parce que nous sommes persuadés que les femmes devraient apprendre à comprendre la culture d’entreprise le plus tôt possible.
Ambitions est un projet de Brucelle Consulting, de Donatienne Brasseur.
Donatienne (donna-see-enn) Brasseur launched Ambitions early 2014 to host all the projects she had in mind around gender equality. Middle and long-term project aim at making the shift toward gender equality and target mixed groups, politics and public opinion. Short-term projects, in a time where our culture still does not provide a women-friendly environment, aim at helping women maintain, reach for and achieve their ambitions.
The name Ambitions was chosen exactly because ambitions is still such a difficult word for women to own and to brandish.
The most visible Ambitions project is training* and coaching. Ambitions' pedagogy is essentially behavioural. The programes are designed to enable empowerment, self-confidence and leadership towards realising your ambitions. Get to know yourself, your strengths, your drivers but also your barriers, your fears. A lot of practice is build into the courses, exercises designed to create awareness, to practice new behaviours and to learn how to gather new resources. We also want you to learn about society and business immediately when you need it, not after 10-15-20 years like so many of us did. This transfer of knowledge is done by the trainer but also by role models. Experienced women come and spend a few hours and share and answer any question you may have.
Other Ambitions projects involve policy making, strategy, think tanking and the public visualisation of gender equality.
*: Cette formation est notamment enseignée aux étudiantes en Masters à l'HEC-ULg
Here's what participants had to say about the course :
- "I was impressed by learning how I could feel and seem more powerful just by my attitude."
- "Every session taught me a lot of things, but the main point would be maybe the self-confidence that this course gave me."
- "I learned about the importance of asking for what I need."
- "It probably was the importance to invest in my network, to build it and learn to use it. It’s not always easy to ask for help; I don't like doing it (yet) but will have to learn by making good use of all the tips and tricks you gave :-)"
- "Young women need to learn about negotiation. They need to learn to negotiate their first salary, their benefits and better conditions."
- "I wish young women would all learn to be self-confident and to trust that they are able to achieve their goals and their dreams."
An important driver for launchin Ambitions has been to observe the economical aberration our current cultural system is creating. A logical response to today's crisis would seem to be to make full, or at least better use of available resources. Women represent 50% of any population and are the largest "minority" in our economy. Feminine leadership has proven its worth and too much of it is going to waste.